Multicultural Greek Council
The Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life is proud to introduce our newest council, Multicultural Greek Council, MGC! We are extremely excited to see how these wonderful individuals shape our community in the coming months and years!
The Multicultural Greek Council (MGC) strives to create and maintain an all-inclusive and culturally diverse environment, by fostering cultural awareness and upholding fraternal and sororal values. The MGC was formed in order meet the individual and collective needs of its member sororities and fraternities by promoting unity and coordinating programs, while cultivating the values of service leadership, bother/sisterhood, and scholarship. Additionally, MGC aims to launch a more diverse, cooperative existence between fraternities and sororities, and voice their concerns while maintaining good faith with the University.
Members of MGC include the Eta Chapter of Alpha Phi Gamma Sorority, Inc., Mizzou Colony of Kappa Pi Beta Fraternity, Inc., Mu Colony of Delta Xi Nu Multicultural Sorority, Inc., and the Zeta Xi Chapter of Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc., and associate member the Delta Delta Chapter of Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc.
Some key differences that set Multicultural Greeks apart:
- Underground processes
- Stepping, Strolling, Saluting, and Chanting
- Probates and/or New Member Presentations
- Smaller membership numbers
- Many do not have fraternity/sorority houses
- MGC Fraternities and Sororities encompass people of all races, ethnicities, sexualities, gender expression, and age
- Primarily founded to serve people of ethnic backgrounds (Latin(x), African American’s, Pacific Island)