Multicultural Greek Council
The Multicultural Greek Council (MGC) strives to create and maintain an all-inclusive and culturally diverse environment, by fostering cultural awareness and upholding fraternal and sororal values.
The MGC was formed in order meet the individual and collective needs of its member sororities and fraternities by promoting unity and coordinating programs, while cultivating the values of service leadership, bother/sisterhood, and scholarship.
Additionally, MGC aims to launch a more diverse, cooperative existence between fraternities and sororities, and voice their concerns while maintaining good faith with the University.
Some key differences that set multicultural Greeks apart:
- Underground processes
- Stepping, strolling, saluting and chanting
- New member presentations
- Smaller membership numbers
- No fraternity/sorority houses
- MGC fraternities and sororities encompass people of all races, ethnicities, sexualities, gender expression and ages
- Primarily founded to serve people of ethnic backgrounds — Latin(x), African American, Asian and Pacific Islanders