Panhellenic recruitment functions in two ways: primary and open bidding. Primary registration opens 5 p.m. May 1 and closes midnight on July 31.
PHA Recruitment Tips
Think about the following before you submit your application:
- All submitted applications are final. Make sure to proofread your answers and your video is completed.
- Familiarize yourself with all the PNM video guidelines before you submit or start recording.
- Save your Campus Director username and password, you will need it during recruitment.
PHA Recruitment Schedule
|May 1||Registration opens at 5 p.m.||Cost: $120|
|July 31||Registration closes at midnight.|
|Aug. 12||Early resident hall move-in.||Must be completely registered for recruitment, including submission and approval of Open House Video and profile photo. $35/night early move-in fee.|
|Aug. 12||Family/Loved One Orientation (optional)||4:30 p.m. in the Arts and Science Auditorium|
|Aug. 12||PNM Orientation (mandatory)||7 p.m. in Jesse Auditorium|
|Aug. 13||Open House Round||Videos only|
|Aug. 14-15||Philanthropy Round||In-person|
|Aug. 16-17||Sisterhood Round||In-person|
|Aug. 18||Preference Round||In-person|
|Aug. 19||Bid Day||In-person|
Continuous Open Bidding (COB)
The Panhellenic sororities host continuous open bidding throughout the year following primary recruitment, which takes place before the fall semester. The COB period is designed in a way that allows potential members the opportunity to become acquainted or re-acquainted with different chapters on campus.
You do not have to participate in primary recruitment to participate in COB. However, it is important to note that not every Panhellenic chapter participates in COB each fall or spring. There is no registration cost associated with the COB process. It is largely an informal process compared to primary recruitment.
For more information about the COB process, please visit NPC partner, The Sorority Life.
- A potential new member (PNM) shall not be, or have ever been, an initiated member of an NPC group
- A PNM must not have signed a MRABA and received/declined a bid during the current academic year’s primary recruitment process.
- Any PNM who signed a MRABA and received a bid at the end of the primary recruitment process will be bound by that agreement until the next primary membership recruitment period in the following fall term.